Driving safely is very important for drivers on the road, and we will learn about some useful tips on how to drive safely, and how to avoid traﬃc accidents.
1. Many fatal traﬃc accidents may occur due to a driver who drinks alcohol, so do not drink alcohol and drive your car as alcohol causes inactivity, blurred vision and loss of consciousness.
2. You should also monitor the speed limit, and remember the higher your speed, the higher the risk of an accident.
3. Leave a safe distance between your car and the driver’s car in front of you.
4. Be cautious when driving in adverse weather conditions like rain or mist.
5. Be wary of other drivers, and do not assume that the person in front of you will drive in a safe and responsible manner.
6. Use mirrors in your car and check your blind spots, don’t just care about the road and the cars in front of you.
7. Be careful when driving on ice.
8. Use the turn signal lights.
9. Be careful of trucks, their drivers cannot see other cars if they are very close to those cars.
10. Check regularly for any mechanical problems. For example if your brake and clutch are giving you problems go to a brake and clutch centre.
11. Maintain tyre pressure as recommended by the manufacturer.
12. Whether you’re making a call, texting, or doing something else that distracts you from driving, you’re risking yourself and the passengers in your car. Pull over and park when you have to make a phone call, put on make up, or eat.
13. Wear a seatbelt. Safety is absolutely essential. It protects you from severe head trauma and injury. It prevents you from being thrown out of the car through the windshield in the event of an accident.
14. Stay calm. It is very important to remain calm while driving. Avoid anger or annoyance and do not let anything distract you from driving or to lose your focus.